I stole this from Carli who writes Running into Shape, a great blog. She’s also a fellow WW and did the Couch to 5k.
1. My parents told me… Salsa Judy always said I could be whatever I wanted when I grew up. She also said “You’re not better than anyone else, so don’t act like it” and “You can drown in a teaspoon of water!”
2. I wanted to grow up to be a…Solid Gold Dancer. Remember that show in the 80’s? I loved it and watched it every week! When I was really little, I thought it would be cool be a garbage man!
3. I refused to eat… mushrooms and brussel sprouts. Now I eat mushrooms but still hate brussel sprouts!
4. My favorite thing to do outside was… swim in our pool and ride bikes with my friends. I was so tan because I never got out of the water!
5. I broke my… Never broke a bone. Hard to believe since I'm not the definition of grace.
6. I liked to wear… this was the 80's, so lacey jackets and gloves, floppy hairbows. Also lots of plaid which I still love!
7. My parents always… let us have fun and enjoy ourselves.
8. I thought that Santa was… suspicious. Our old house didn't have a chimney and I questions Salsa Judy for 30 minutes about how he would get in since we didn't have a chimney!
9. My favorite cartoon was… Smurfs and Muppet Babies
10. I was the… the noisy, talkative girl. I know HUGE shock, right?
11. I got in trouble when… we were 'carrying on'. What does that mean? I guess getting rowdy. My mom or my aunt and uncle would yell and separate me and my cousins. Didn't last long though.
12. My bedroom was… had floral wallpaper, matching bedding and curtains from JC Penney. Also had posters all over the wall.
13. My favorite food was…Ice cream and still is!
14. My parents always made me…make my bed, clean my room and take out the trash. Salsa Judy got over the making the bed part. Even she doesn't make her bed every day any more.
15. My first crush was… Scott Hilligsberg, a boy in my first grade class. I got into trouble for chasing him around the playground to kiss him. We also had a mock wedding. LOL
16. My favorite toy was… all of my 'dress up clothes' to pretend we were dancers.
17. I thought school was… boring but great to socialize.
18. My biggest fear was… moving to a new school district. When my mom was pregnant with my brother we almost moved to another district and I was so afraid. But we stayed in the same area and I went to the same school.
19. My favorite story was… I was always reading books. Salsa Judy dreaded those Scholastic flyers coming home because she knew it would mean I would want more books. My fave series was the Baby-sitters Club and Sweet Valley Twins!
20. My favorite memories…Most of my memories revolve around spending time with my family and friends. We always had cookouts at our house in the summer since we had a bid deck and a pool. The kids would have swimming contests and dancing. On my 10th birthday I had a sleepover. We got into the pool and it started thundering and lightning. Then the power went out. Our neighbor said she could hear us scream all the way down the street. It was still fun because Salsa Judy gave us flashlights and we told scary stories.