Happy Spring everyone! So where is spring? I guess Mother Nature is still in hiding (along with Punxatawney Phil who should be in hiding) because it’s April 2nd and 34 degrees here in the ‘burgh. Seriously. Last year at this time I was already weeding in my yard!
Today I had to remind myself of the old saying “How do you eat an elephant?” The answer, one bite at a time. It’s possible to do seemingly impossible tasks, if you break it up into smaller increments.
So I decided to focus on today only. Those of you who struggle with weight I think will understand this list.
Today I packed a healthy breakfast for lunch and Today I actually ate the breakfast that I took to work.
Today I fought the craving to go to the local donut shop…And won
Today I wanted to spend money on fast food, but I ate the healthy lunch that I brought instead.
Today I wanted to go to the gas station and grab a sweet snack but I didn’t.
Today I quit being in denial about Slim Fast shakes and accepted that they don’t work for me and they actually make me hungry.
Today I tracked my food and drank lots if water.
Today I was discouraged about not being properly trained for my race but I went to the gym anyway
Today my little sister wanted me to cook her favorite meal since she’s home from college and I didn’t use that as an excuse not to go for a run first.
Today I prayed when I felt weak.
Today I was determined to finish Week 4 of the Couch to 5K.
Today I pushed back the fear of not crossing the finish line and focused on my run.
Today I finished Week 4 and I’m excited about the future!!
What did you do today?
Well that struck a chord in me so I wrote my own little part. Here it is:
- Today I packed up my gym bag before work even though I am tired and do not want to go.
- Today I really wanted Chinese for lunch but ate the soup I brought with me instead.
- Today I really want to just go home instead of going to the gym but I am going!
- Today I am re-starting C25K, even if it means waiting 15 min for a treadmill at the gym.
- Today I am reading Carli’s e-book to help motivate me.
- Today I tracking my food.
- Today I will eat my apple before thinking of buying candy.
- Today I will take a few minutes to sit and just be, even if I have to do it in the ladies room.
- Today I am sending out positive vibes to a few friends who are dealing with illness.
- Today I will spend an extra 5 minutes snuggling with my kitty.
- Today I will make a to-do list for tomorrow.
It’s not much but it’s a start and I can accomplish all of these items. For anyone wondering about Carli’s e-book, here is a link to it:
It’s a great motivational tool! I did C25K last summer but stopped when temps hit 100 out. I hate humidity. But I realize there is no reason I can’t start out on the treadmill until it warms up here.
(PS---I am not affiliated with Carli or her book and have not been compensated in any way. Just a happy reader of her blog.)
So what are YOU going to do today???