Jun 6, 2011

Updated deck pics

So yesterday I figured I had better get my deck finished if I wanted to enjoy it any time soon. Then I saw the weather and it's going to be about 90 every day this week here.  So I guess I won't be enjoying it too much anyway!  I don't know about you, but my body HATES humidity.  I guess I was meant to live as my ancestors from Ireland did---nothing over 75 and not a lot of sun.  DH loves the sun and would sit in it all day.  If I sit in it for longer than 10 minutes, I start to sweat.  Not a pretty sight! 

Anywho---here are the lastest pics.  Please keep in mind that these are far from finished.  I still have to get the cushions on the furniture (they are in the chest) and a bit more decorating which I am trying to do myself.  We'll see how that goes.

Table and chairs (gifted to me from my mom Salsa Judy):

Glider area:





Middle of deck with firepit:




I'm hoping it cools down at some point and we get to sit out here at night and drink some wine and just enjoy it.  We also got a new grill, but no room back here so we're putting out back by the garden. 

And you know it's summer time when you get your first bug bites!  I was out over the weekend with my mom my aunt, and another friend play Phase 10 (we love this game--very competitive) and  I got one big bite on my left arm and one behind my left knee. 

Have a wonderful Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment