Sep 17, 2011

Where I have been and latest favorites.....



Wow--cannot believe I have not posted in over a month!  For that I apologize! 

Where have I been?  Well check out Taz above--he explains my whirlwind of activity lately.   Work has been crazy and that is NOT a complaint.  It was been wonderful to be so busy after being so bored while laid off.  I am thrilled to be busy and jumping!   I was hired at a very crucial time at my position as this is the time of year for annual reviews.  In addition to that is my company's quarterly board meeting.  Those 2 projects within themselves took up 90% of my time for the past month.  But in a way, it was good for me to start because it forced met to get caught up very quickly.   Another facet of my craziness at work was that we were going to learn a new program to upload board meeting materials digitally.  Very interesting concept and once I got the hang of it (thank you William at work!) it was wonderful.  But if anyone out there has ever worked on presentation like these you know how it goes.  You work on something only to have higher ups change it and then change it back again.  I fully expected that to happen so I was prepared.  

ANYWAY---I barely had time to eat lunch, let alone blog, even though I had getting that itch to write for a while.  And I mean write my stuff, not work on writing slides for presentations.  LOL   So as of last week the projects were officially done, approved, printed and shipped out.   It feels weird not to have those projects looming over my head any more.  But no worries--there will be another board meeting next quarter to look forward to.   However--this time we all know the new program and I won't be such a newbie!

Let me again reiterate how fortunate I feel to have accepted this position.  I feel like fate stepped in when I had the other offer rescinded.  Even though I felt awful at the time, I realize in the end that things do happen for a reason.   I work with very nice, positive people who work hard at what they do and want to do their best. 

So in the midst of all my work I did find time to find a few more favorites to share with you:

threading
Threading:  LOVE it!  My brother had randomly been at the mall a few months ago and when we saw him at dinner the next week, his eyebrows looked amazing.  No more uni-brow.  We asked him and he said the ladies at the threading place practically dragged him in and took care of him.  My poor brows were starting to look scary since I hadn't had time to have them waxed.  So I figured I would try threading.  My first attempt was a fail since the place I went to had closed.  *sad panda*  So this past week I got to leave early on Friday since I had stayed late so many other days during the week.  I called another location of the chain and they were open and said just come in.   She sat me down and got to work.  Pain-wise, it wasn't that bad but it did hurt more than waxing.  My lady was really fast and I was done in no more than 7-10 minutes. I couldn't believe how precise the results were!   So impressed and it was only $12.  Will definitely be going back!  And very little redness, especially for someone as pale as I am!

My new Lucky bag

My new bag.  I had been using this adorable bag from Kohls for months.  It's gray and I've gotten numerous compliments on it.  But it was time to switch our for something new and something better for fall.  I had been searching online for a cute new purse.  I admit I'm very very picky with purses.  I'm not a bag snob, I just know what I like and what I don't like.   I had looked online for something that I wanted for months but everything was either too much (I fell in love with a Marc Jacobs bag at Nordies that was $1500) or just wasn't really what I wanted.  Enter this lucky bag above.  I saw it Macy's a few months ago but balked at the price tag, which was $189.  Yes I know that doesn't sound like much to some of you, but I don't buy anything at full price.  So I started checking it out online.  I found it here but didn't want to pay that price either.  So I kept looking, hoping I would find something to replace this bag.  I just loved the color and the style!  Fate again stepped in to help me.  While I was waiting for the threading lady to be done with her client, I stopped into Macy's next door to look around.  Saw my bag and asked the lady to scan the price.  She said "It's $64 before your coupon."  I whipped out my card so fast!!  After the Macy's coupon, I paid $50 for it.  SCORE!!!   It's roomy too for all of my stuff.  And the color is gorgeous!  

mmm salsa
Newman's Own Black Bean & Corn salsa  I am in love with this stuff.  It's just spicy enough and has black beans in it.  Plus it's low calorie, all natural and every bit of the money goes to charity.  What more could you ask for?  It's so damn good.  I love to eat it with sweet potato chips too!   And the late, great Paul Newman (just about the handsomest man alive to me) started it.   20 calories for 2 tablespoons!

another Score!
My Lucky Brand Randy sandals.  Another score.  I was at Macy's with my mom and the day before I had gotten some sandals on major clearance.  I had a giftcard from Macy's and still had a little bit left to use.  I went back to the mall to get a price adjustment on something and just stopped to see what was left.  Lo and behold, there were these sandals.  In black--the color I wanted but were sold out online.  I tried them on and then tried to talk myself out of these gorgeous shoes. I already had black sandals (several pairs).  Then I tried them on and it became even harder.  They are sooo comfortable and I'm a huge sucker for a wedge heel.  Once the salesman told me the price, that was it.  They were $108 and with sales and discounts they were $18.  I only paid $5 for them since I had some money left on my giftcard.  I've worn them to work several times and no pain at all.  Woot!

Hairtrition shampoo from Sally's
Hairtrition shampoo from Sally's  I have been using a different shampoo from Sally's but felt like it was drying my hair out.  I try to use sulfate-free shampoos as anything with sulfates in it tends to strip the hair of color and I definitely don't want that!  Some of them can dry out the hair though.  I picked this one up on a whim when I was grabbing a few other things at Sally's.  I could easily spend hours in that place checking all the stuff out--I love it.  I randomly grabbed this one off the shelf since I saw that it had some nice natural oils in it and no sulfates.  Took it home and used it the next day.  Wonderful smell (tropical and coconutty) and lovely lather.  Plus my hair didn't feel dried out at all!

I promise to now blog a bit more regularly since work isn't so crazy! 

I also finally got around to using my Annie Sloan paint!  The dresser is my test furniture.  I put 2 coats on today and will wax later tonite or tomorrow.   Full report with pics will be posted here!  I will tell you--so far so good!  :)

See you soon and HERE WE GO STEELERS!  They can't do any worse than last week right!  Hope you enjoy your Sunday and your team wins (except for Seattle who plays the Steelers!)

1 comment:

  1. woo I will try this dip! and SUCH A fan of threading...discovered it about 6 years ago..and now I refuse to place wax on my face!

    ReplyDelete