Jan 16, 2012

Updates N News N Stuff…

How is everyone doing now that we’re 2 weeks into 2012? Are you still writing 2011 on everything?  It only took me a few days and I thought I was doing really well until I almost wrote 2011 on a work document.  Guess I’m not quite there yet!

They say it takes about 21 days for a habit to form.  I truly believe that. I finished Phase 1 of my Jamie Eason Live Fit Trainer and am on Phase 2. I honestly never thought I’d look forward to doing cardio but I really was craving it!  4 weeks with no cardio made me feel huge and bloated.  (I’m sure all of the goodies I had over the holidays had ZERO to do with it LOL).   I know most of it was gaining muscle, but I was thrilled to start Phase 2 and get a bit of cardio in.  The cardio isn’t even hardcore, just walking on the treadmill or elliptical or bike at a moderate pace.  So last week I trooped over to LA Fitness (they finally opened the new one near my house) and got my weight workout in.  Then I happily jumped on the treadmill for 30 minutes.   It felt so good to get my legs going again!  I could feel a difference in my body by the next day.   Phase 2 has you doing cardio 3-4 days a week for 30 minutes.  Also—the workouts are upped to 5-6 days a week. 

But here’s the habit-forming part.  I actually enjoy going to the gym!  I look forward to it.  Remember I was a bit hesitant about joining the gym?  No longer!  I am amped up and ready to go and get going.  I took Sunday off to rest and to get some things done around the house and I actually felt a bit guilty.  And I missed it.  But I still stayed home to give my body a rest.  I think that’s really important, and I don’t want to get burned out.   I will be honest and tell you that I am not 100% perfect with the eating plan but I am doing SO MUCH better now that the holidays are over with!  I am planning my meals and thinking about what kinds of foods I am eating now more than ever!

That brings me to part 2 of my check-in.  My former hoarder room.  Since I stayed home yesterday and had no plans, I got lots of work done on my room.  The bed was a clothing repository.  Now there is only one small pile of pants that need to be hung.   I went through all of the old mail I had piled up ‘for later’ and either filed it or threw it away.  I have a new bag of clothing for the Veterans to pick up!  I used my time the best way for me: work for about an hour, take a 15 min break to do whatever (make tea, read Facebook, pet kittehs, pet kittehs, pet kittehs).  You get the idea.  I would show you a pic but I’m still too embarrassed.  Especially since I read a lot of home decorating blogs.   Tonite after I get home from the gym and have dinner, I will spend another hour or so working on it.  This time it will be hanging up and putting away the rest of the clothing.   In the meantime, I’m also scouting out some old night stands to redo for that room as well.  All I have in there now is a round table with a table cloth on it.  I’d rather have a cute little nightstand I can refinish like this one (link on pic):

I am scouting Craig’s List and also have a few ideas in the works.   I love the idea of painting it a pretty bright turquoise, but also wanted to paint my large armoire that color.  Maybe the nightstand will just get a coat of Old White.  But first I actually have to find one I like and that isn’t expensive! 

And I am getting better with my night before routine.  Now I get out my gym stuff and get it ready for the next day: my clothes, my drink, my workout binder and shoes.  I also think about what I am going to wear and get it out as well.  I am ready a lot quicker when everything is out for me and ready to go!! 

Still a good way to go but at least I am making some progress.  How are you doing with your resolutions or goals for this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment